Thursday, April 2, 2009

Without Faith then What

Every time that I seem to take two steps forward, why does it seem that I really take them backwards? I have heard two statements over and over in my life. If at first you don’t succeed then try and try again. The other is unless you are humble in all your prayers then the Lord will not hear you. I want to devote this blog to these two statements.

1. If at first you don’t succeed then try and try again. I must tell you that I am really tired of this statement and do not think there are ANY positives that come from it. So why do we use such a lame comment to people that we like, love or work with? I think it is used to make ourselves numb to all disappointments, pain and trials in the day to day activities. How do we prevent these things that make us want to crawl in our holes? I don’t know or I would not be making the same mistakes. I have been trying to make my mark so to speak for most of my life. I have felt a burden for a number of years and like an outcast at other times. It’s like being on the outside looking in and just can’t get anywhere. I believe you can keep trying until Jesus comes but if there is no positive change or success in your life then the statement is just a statement and not a fact or fiction. I also believe, to use this statement, we give a whole lot away to just to either be heard or have a real and truthful attempt at what we are supposed to do. I can try different approaches by going through a window, front door or even the back door but I have to give something away to do that. I believe we all give away Faith. Faith is given because that is what we want from other people to us. When we have great problems with their giving which are failures or whether being taken advantage of, it does leave you empty. I can say for me that you are definitely right most of the time. How do I find hope or faith in my trials and attempts? I find that hope in God. God is always listening to me and teaching me even when I act like a fool.

2. Unless you are humble in all your prayers then the Lord will not hear you. I realize some of you might read this and think this is a judgment statement. The similar statement is biblically founded in Micah 6:8. For those of you that think God always hears me or that God knows my heart and my intent, be careful in what you believe. While God does listen, He might give you exactly what you ask as a punishment. How do I know this?

I have asked God in the past for things so that I could understand better the situations that I and others face on a daily basis. It taught me more than I ever wanted to learn or experience in my life. I have learned that poor are poor for a reason, rich are rich for a reason, and why people have gifts that I don’t have or abilities not at a professional level. These are in God’s plans and teachings. It might be to teach a person, group, nation or the whole world. I suggest you read the Holy Bible. There are examples after examples that have a lesson for the various types I just stated.

Ok, you probably are wondering why I decided to use this second statement for this blog. It is another example I know that deals with faith and not in a literal sense. If you are humble in your prayers and in all your ways acknowledge Him, the Lord will place His faith in you. How can this be? When Adam and Eve were created thousands of years ago, God placed all His faith and love in them. Then He sent Jesus His son and placed all His faith in him. Today, God created us and placed all his faith in us. What does he expect from us? I believe it is to love one another, be humble, and forgive always. This is all very hard for me to do all the time. I will do my best because I have placed my faith in Him and all I desire is His 100% love and support just as he desires mine. Be blessed!

Brad

No comments: