Monday, March 30, 2009

Knowing

I watched a movie this past weekend called “Knowing”. Before I went to see this movie I saw the commercials and the descriptions about it. It deals with a boy and his father finding a piece of paper with numbers all over the page. It is a code when deciphered unlocks past major events that happened all around the world and even a couple not known yet. I was not expecting a Da Vinci Code movie or Biblical film but I had hopes that some religious stuff would be in it since it deals with everybody and not just a select group or groups. When I left the movie, I was very disappointed in the outcome. I left knowing that still nothing good comes from Hollywood when it is about hopes, dreams and future events for all to see.

Why would “Knowing” be more than just entertainment? It would be good entertainment if the script had a completion and didn’t run out of steam. This movie had good action in it and was a little scary but the ending was disappointing. It ran around hoping that the last clue answered all the codes on the paper.

What is Knowing all about in our day to day lives? The word knowledge means the fact or condition of knowing something with familiarity gained through experience or association. (Merriam-Webster) http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/knowledge

I believe knowledge is gained through factual education whether from schooling, church, reading, or life experience. Driving home after the movie, I started to think about what is important in knowing anything in life. I also further thought about why it is important to know the facts of the Bible, God and Jesus being my personal Lord and Savior. I realized two things. I think knowing anything in life is what keeps us alive and gives us a purpose. I also remember a statement that a friend of mine wrote me in a message the other day. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others. For beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” I feel that while I was disappointed in the movie “Knowing,” I am glad that I saw it for one reason. It caused me to reflect and know that God has life all mapped out for us if we will listen. Knowing this is all the “Knowing” that I will ever need. Be blessed!

Brad

No comments: