Thursday, February 7, 2008

Worthless Worrying

How you doin'? I have heard that many times before. So how are you really doin'? I am shocked to find that there are a lot of people that are like me. I am a Worthless Worrier a lot of times. I try not to be but the world can blind me from God. It tries to tell me to worry about the next President of the United States. It tells me to worry about a job whether working 40 hours or more. It tells me that I have to have a lot of money and a significant other to be happy. The ironic thing about all of this worrying is that we all don't need to do this. God has done all that worrying for us and provided us with all the protection that we need to make it in this world. All He asks us to do it to fall in love with Him. We can do this by asking and it will be given and seek and you will find. But the most important thing in my opinion is the last which is Knock and the door will be opened for you. These three things I mention can be found in Matthew 7:7. As for dealing with Worthless Worrying. God has provided the protection for us in multiple places. But one of those for this blog I want to point to is found in Psalms 91:11. Angels have been put in charge to watch over us and protect us whereever we go. So I hope we all take heart that God is watching over us and protecting us. All he asks is three things in Matthew 7:7. Now I hope to stop being the Worthless Worrier. I hope you do too. So now I ask, How are you doing now?


Be blessed!



Brad

1 comment:

jackie said...

Good morning Bradley. I have been thinking about you recently and wondering how things are going. Looks like you have really been busy. I love the blogs! What a great way to express your thoughts and feelings with the world. This blog was perfect. I wanted to share with you.. everytime my mom and I board a plan we always think of Psalm 91:11 as our 911 to God. We recit the scripture over and over again as we take off, while in flight and especially when landing to give ourselves comfort knowing God and all his angels will be guarding and protecting us in all our ways. This verse has been so powerful in my life not just on planes but in other difficult and scarry times.
I am very proud of you Brad and I believe that Jeremiah 29:11-13 is what you have been doing! Congrats.