Friday, February 22, 2008

Peek A Boo I See You

When we grow up as children and learn the games that generations have known for decades and decades, how do we know the correct way to play it? I must confess! I want to know how to play a game the right way the first time that I play it. Do you? When we play “Marco Polo” in the pool where one person closes their eyes and many people scatter out through the shallow end of a pool, is that fair? The person calls out Marco while the others say Polo. We learned to play a game where blindness matters and hearing does too. Which of these is most important to you in your every day life? Is it Sight or hearing or all the senses? I choose all the senses. In “Hide and go Seek” we learn that someone stands in a corner or in a room and counts while others hide. When that person finishes counting, they go find all of them until their turn is over. The important point of these games I believe is that rules and guidelines were laid down on how to play a long time ago for many generations to follow and play. What if there were no definite rules or ever changing rules? Is that fair? In John 10:35 – 41, Jesus faced his accusers about his behaviors and actions. The rules for him seemed to be always changing on him. So Jesus dealt with it by showing them, in my opinion, a very valuable lesson. He asks them “Do you believe in the Son of Man?” Then he explains that he is Him. He says, “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.” I believe this is very important for not only them to hear and learn but for many generations that have come after them to learn as well. What I find amazing about the quote I gave you is that Jesus came down to die for you and me so that those blind to the truth will find it and believe. Those who think they know the truth not being Jesus is the Savior of the World will become blind. I find that powerful and that the rules are preset for you and me to follow. When we play this game called our lives, do we follow the rules and play the game? There are no changes from them. God I believe wants us to play the games of Marco Polo and Hide and go Seek with Him every day. Jesus is saying Marco. Jesus is the one counting. What I love about Jesus is he is listening for our replies of Polo. He is also searching for us still counting until He finds us all. Are you the blind that now see? Are you the sighted that become blind? I hope you are the first question and answer his calling. This gives me a whole lot to think about. How about you?


Be Blessed!


Brad


P.S. I used the New International Version of the Bible for my quote.

No comments: