Friday, August 7, 2026

My Book Review for "Big Trouble Ahead" by Allen Jackson

 

In my initial post restarting this blog page back last month, I stated that I would post my reviews on books of various types with the primary ones being suspense and general fiction and movies of various types that I feel can be a help in our collective pit stops and problems in our lives so that we can hopefully all make it to the preferable checkered flags at the end of our lives well. I also said that I would post life observations that I feel necessary for if no other person than me but hope it will be something we all can learn and use in our lives to better our futures whether from a book or just my journal for that day or week.

Today I want to bring to your attention to a book written by a pastor named Allen Jackson called Big Trouble Ahead. He leads the congregation at World Outreach Church in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. He has seen a lot of growth and lesson learned through scripture and observations with his world travels and degrees from several schools over his lifetime.

I will say at the time of this book’s writing, the subjects that Mr. Jackson brings up and discusses, I feel, still are as relevant and more so now than when he was first going through them coming out of the pandemic Co-vid 19 outbreak.

The book’s title is described as a description for tribulation that is found in the Holy Bible and explained thoroughly in the first few pages of this christian living genre book. The one thing I liked about this book is Jackson uses a lot of scriptures to explain his subject points and chapter titles and sub sections in each chapter. The subtitle that says a real plan for flourishing in a time of fear and deception could not have been a better wording when dealing with all of the news and stories we see, hear and experience on a daily basis now in 2026 but he wrote the book in 2022. The book starts with the Lord’s prayer explanations and what is the Prosperity Gospel. The pastor further discusses topics ranging from how to build a proper foundation in your life and what can and should you do when life’s storms come, what is the Trinity when it is not in the Bible and how to handle other sensitive topics we see in our workplaces and news daily. Topics such as misremembering, the Lord’s prayer and the prosperity gospel, what various governmental philosophies we observe are in our every daily lives around the world and how to make sure readers can be educated from past Biblical accounts through the scriptures that can be applied to our lives today. Why is it important to understand what, why and how reasons for Jesus and his disciples were so prevalent many years ago and applying it to today’s life challenges and give us encouragements? The unpacking of the information provided with scripture references in each chapter with a given summary after each one to discuss and help ponder what was written. I found clarity in what was written for each chapter through these summaries. The book provides hope and understanding that we can find all things possible through Jesus Christ. His sacrifice is the bridge to all things that can be possible as Pastor Allen Jackson references from Mark 10:27. Hopefully, you will come to understand that with a better armor provided by God through Jesus and the Holy Spirit we can be better prepared for the big trouble ahead. If we can be more like Jesus, his light through all men shine for all to see and make things better and new. This is my brief take on all things discussed in this book. 

To bring this to a close, I would give this book a 4.5 out of 5 stars. In my 40+ years as a Christian, I am still learning things and trying to better myself daily. Since Allen Jackson has written this book, he has authored several other books that talk about several topics including a book about his dad. Further he has created a podcast called Allen Jackson Ministries & a TV show called Allen Jackson Now. Whether you decide to read or listen to an audiobook version of this book, I believe you should start with this one in case you are looking for a christian living or guidance book. Of course, I would encourage you to read the Holy Bible first with these resources as additions. This last sentence is definitely for me.

No comments: