Friday, August 21, 2026

Movie Review for Enola Holmes 3

 


For this week’s movie review I chose Enola Holmes 3 that can be found on Netflix. While this is the 3rd movie in the series for Enola Holmes, I felt while watching it, I could do so without knowing anything about the previous two movies. The entertainment and excitement with the fast paced mysteries that are unveiled in Sherlock Holmes movies of the past or other movies that have sneaky clues throughout the story presented is present for this one. The way all great mystery movies we have watched will give us an ability to solve the film’s plot and storyline with the big reveals at the end is extremely important. While I watched this third movie and second sequel, I believe the Millie Bobby Brown (Enola Holmes) led project was definitely a home run this time. Brown is also one of the movie’s producers.

Enola Holmes 3 starts out with the idea of Enola trying to get to an impending wedding with Tewksberry played by Louis Partridge who was also in the previous film playing her rich heir husband to be is in this film. Not long into this movie we find out that Sherlock Holmes played by Henry Cavill who was also in the two previous movies is kidnapped. Just like Sherlock, Enola has the same gifts to be able to solve / decipher clues and puzzles to find the killer or whatever the mystery needs in the cases.

Without giving away the plot lines of this project, this story like all of the Sherlock Holmes series of adventures and mysteries has the same characters showing up in this series of Enola Holmes movies like those. If you are a Sherlock Holmes fan, have seen the previous Enola Holmes movies, read any of the books for either character, then you need to see this potential finale film of the series.

Do you need to have seen Enola Holmes 1 or 2? No, but if you know nothing of Sherlock or more importantly Enola Holmes and their characters you definitely need to binge watch the first two movies to understand the nuances and cadences of each character and the way the various plot lines work and flow. Enola Holmes has 10 books in the series for readers to choose from and likely producers and writers could decide one day to come back to Enola and spin another web of story lines and uncover more clues for another mystery in the future.

What would I give this movie?  4 out of 5 stars. The setting was excellent. The content was excellent. Characters were good and especially rememberable for the most part but the ending was very hurried I felt, this was to make it under 2 hours, long a Netflix requirement for most movies on their platform. I also thought the summarization of who the guilty were and the parts they played in the schemes was also rushed. All in all Enola Holmes 3 is a great family film. I hope there will be future sequels yet to come that are also original.

No comments: