My Views and Reviews on the adventures you the followers can consider based on the book & entertainment reviews. Life prospectives to hopefully achieve the footsteps towards freedom from life’s pit stops & hopefully arrive at the checkered flag.
Saturday, August 15, 2026
Masters of the Universe Film Review
For this week’s review I decided to watch Masters of the Universe. It is the fifth most watched streamed movie of all streaming services and number one on Amazon Prime. Amazon MGM is the primary production studio. Why did I? By the power of Grayskull, I have the power. Ha! This movie stars Nicholas Galitzine as Adam the Prince of Eternia. Galitzine was last seen in the movie The Sheep Detectives as a blond mystery reporter Elliott Matthews. When a young Adam’s family and kingdom are attacked by Skeltor played by Jared Leto to escape the carnage and potential death, young Adam is sent with the Sword of Power where he loses it and has him lost and away from his family and home planet for 15 years.
When we first see grown up Adam, he is stuck on planet Earth until one day he finds the sword ironically in a comic book / toy store. This is when the audiences are first introduced to Galitzine playing the now grown up Adam before he changes into his powerful alter ego.
I must confess that I have been a fan of He - Man since I was a kid all the way back in 1983 when the animated show came on television. I know I can’t be that old you say? Well I am just a little bit older. I even played with the few toys made by Mattel. I bring that up because Mattel was the other co-production company with MGM to make this film get reimagined as a better reboot then the movie first starred Dolph Lundgren as He-Man back in 1987 on the silver screen.
I felt like I was in the movie playing alongside all of the characters that I first saw many years ago and felt they just jumped out of the TV into real life. Masters of the Universe is a trip down memory lane for those of us old enough to remember the original He-Man and the Masters of the Universe on television. I believe this is the best live action version I have ever seen of this Mattel brand. Nevertheless, I would not go as far to say it is as great as a Marvel movie or you name it special effects comic book / CGI film. The Easter eggs and hidden gems and surprise appearances in the movie were a nice touch as well.
The original film with Dolph Lundgren as He-Man I would rate it as 5 out of 10. For this reboot and new origin story I felt was better written and the quality cinematography making me give this film version a 7.5 out of 10. I would recommend the nostalgic fans that haven’t already seen this movie to give it a chance. The movie does have some bad language scattered through out and a little demonic in some parts but not over the top. Parents, you might want to watch this movie first before you let a 10 - 13 old see it as not to be scared or observe something they shouldn’t. I hope this review helps in your decision on what to watch this weekend. See you next Friday for the movie review of the week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment