Friday, July 24, 2026

Toy Story 5 Movie is a Must See Film Review

What can I say about the Toy Story franchise that hasn’t already been said? This is the best ever they say. The writing can’t be any better it’s said. Then the opposite that stories are getting too predictable and need to end with story five with this series. If you disagree and believe it can get better, this is not predictable and there is newness and original non cookie cutter approach in the fifth film as your answers then this movie is for you. 

When I first saw the trailers for this movie, I knew it was going to deal with technology, new toys with screens and not so much of the old fashioned characters like Buzz, Woody, Jessie and the gang. When the last movie came out it was a story about the new girl Bonnie who was adopted and an only child getting Andy’s toys since he outgrew them. That was a sad nostalgic move but a very touching way to end the series with Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Bullseye, Slinky Dog and the rest of the crew in Toy Story 4. I think people would have been fine with it ending that way. 

With Toy Story 5, the story begins with an army of Buzz Lightyears being washed up on an island after a cargo container crashes on the shore for some reason. This army of Buzz played an interesting and important part of the story all the way until the movie’s end. Toy Story 5 is the first movie in the series I believe under the co-production of Disney and not just Pixar for the very first time. There are various Easter eggs throughout the movie that give a nod to Disney with music scores and a couple visual glimpses. I don’t want to give away spoilers. See if you can figure them out and leave your guesses and comments in the Comment section below. 

I love how this movie picks up in the future with Bonnie and her playing with all the nostalgic toys led my Jessie, her horse Bullseye and her vivid imagination dreaming a sci fi story. This is before she starts feeling lonely and sad. When her parents recognize this they decide to buy a LilyPad gaming toy for educational fun. Instead she played with her friends from school online. 

The theme of this adventure movie is how kids are being affected by the new age of digital technology and its impact on them. Jessie realizes it is not a good idea and tries to get Bonnie to not interact with the device and be a playful kid. When Jessie, Bullseye and the gang are discarded by Bonnie since she is 100% involved and devoted to the LilyPad, she tries to rescue her when things go wrong with her so called friends. 

I was surprised how little Woody makes an appearance in this story but was a big help with the whole gang. There were emotional moments and one big surprise toward the end. Now I know some people might take a negative shot at how Pixar handled the Digital technology stuff but I think it is very well done and not preachy but a touching believable set of situations and conclusions. 

In conclusion, I can see this might be some people’s favorite sequel of the Toy Story series. I am a sucker for the original and think it’s still the best. Second is Part 2 and then this one is my third favorite. I give this movie a 5 out of 5 stars. It was well done. Everyone should go see it at the theater with the family and then again at home when it gets on streaming so you can find those Easter Eggs and things you missed.

No comments: